Monday, December 10, 2012

It is a little scary!

In March we cleaned out the computer room to make it a playroom. We were matched in March and thought we would be traveling to Africa any day. The room was converted to a playroom and ready to go. A few months ago I packed everything up when I was really mad so it has just been an empty room. No need to drag the computer stuff back upstairs. This is not meant to be a sad story. I promise there is a point.

As you know (see the information on the right if you don't) we are having a yard sale in the spring as a fundraiser. I am taking some items now for people who would like to donate but need to get rid of items ASAP. This is where the empty playroom comes in. It has been converted to yard sale central. It is a great idea. Perfect place. Empty room. Well, it was empty. I am SOO glad that we already have a few donations because I have been a little nervous that it will be a disaster. I had a dream I was sitting in the front yard with a little table, a sign and all I had to sell were plastic bags. Odd dream. I am generally not a big shopper and really haven't been shopping in the last few years so I don't have a lot of my own stuff to sell. Don't get me wrong I do have some. I think that everyone does! We will be very dependent on others to make this work. Here is the real point of this post. I don't know anything about yard sale items! I don't know what people buy, what they don't or how much to price items. Someone asked if we will have a one day or two day yard sale? Umm. I have no idea. Do people drag all that stuff in at night if they do two days? Geez that sounds like a crazy amount of work. My sister had a great idea to price items as I get them, sort them and box them so it will make things easier in the end. It really was a great idea but it is making to realize (right now) that I have no idea how to put a successful yard sale together! Good thing I can call in the reinforcements! I am totally going to need them! I was also informed by the yard sale queen (my sister) that we should strategically park cars out front so the yard sale looks busy which will makes people driving by want to park, jump out and fight over some kids toy. Apparently more cars = yard sale buzz. Who knew?! I am taking notes. Price now. Sort and box. Cars parked out front to create a buzz. I can do this!

Bring on the yard sale!! (....and start cleaning our your closets :-)...)

1 comment:

  1. 101 dandy tips for yard sale givers :)
    http://www.weekendtreasure.com/tips/101-garage-sale-tips.php

    ReplyDelete