Thursday, December 6, 2012

Are you sad?

Our adoption journey has been a bit of crazy town. We have had lots of loss, ridiculousness and everything in between. Is this the journey we wanted? No. Has it been awful? Yep. Did we ever anticipate it would shake out like this? No way. But we are okay. Although we have been through a lot we are still happy to be adopting. We are excited about China.

Of course I am not excited about the children we have lost. I think about them often and wonder how they are doing. They will always be a part of our family in their own unique way. Despite all of it, we are happy. I don't mind sharing our story but don't want it to come across that we are so sad, depressed or that this mess is dragging us down. I can easily look back and laugh about the Yellow Fever and lost dossier. It's nuts and in the past. It's okay. Things are different now then they were 6 years ago. I recently got a call about a baby who may need a home. I was glad to receive the call because sometimes that it how it works. Someone knows someone who may know of a baby....we have gotten more of those calls than I can even remember. But I didn't get excited and frankly barely thought about it. I just don't react the same way anymore. Not that we don't care but that immediate reaction to the possibility of adoption isn't the same. It is because we have a little experience in how things could go. It is part of our life and we accept it the way it is. Thing will work out. I may be 74 years old but it will happen. We have been very lucky to have such supportive family and friends. They have walked this path with us and suffered right along beside of us.

We appreciate you all!! We are very excited and hopeful. We are working hard every single say to make this adoption work.


This is what adoption has done to Jake. Straight knocked him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment